Each chapter in the story of St. John Fisher College can be tracked to pivotal and impactful gifts made by foundations.
Our foundation partners have enabled the College to continue to shape and meet changing student needs by supporting:
- Academic building enhancement and expansion, such as the Glover-Crask Nursing Simulation Center and the Fred L. Emerson classroom and laboratory in the Skalny Science Center.
- Student scholarships, such as the Thiem Scholars and the Hearst Scholars.
- Cutting-edge program and curriculum development, such as the Golisano Institute for Developmental Disability Nursing.
- Countless programs, experiential learning opportunities, and community-centered program development across campus, including the Teaching to Initiate Play (TIP) program funded by the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Legacy Fund for Youth Sports at the Rochester Area Community Foundation and Creating Trauma Sensitive School Communities program funded by the William and Sheila Konar Foundation, Marie C. and Joseph C. Wilson Foundation, and William G. McGowan Fund, among others.
Foundations continue to serve as unique partners in our work, bringing expertise and passion that shapes opportunities that move Fisher forward. We are so grateful for this history of support and are excited to continue to build and grow these partnerships, as well as initiate new partnerships for the benefit of students and the community for years to come.
- Golisano Foundation
- Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation
- Fred L. Emerson Foundation
- Alvin F. and Ruth K. Thiem Foundation
- Davenport-Hatch Foundation
- Kilian J. and Caroline F. Schmitt Foundation
- The Hearst Foundations
- George I. Alden Trust
- Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation
- William and Sheila Konar Foundation
- Marie C. and Joseph C. Wilson Foundation
- William G. McGowan Fund
- Glover-Crask Charitable Trust
- Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Legacy Fund for Youth Sports at the Rochester Area Community Foundation